Do you feel like your home could also hold a tender touch of green? Haritha Homes, villas, apartments and flats builders in Thrissur is really fond of building eco friendly villas. Adding indoor plants in your home can instantaneously develop a lively mood by making the space in a refreshing way. Decorating your sweet home with plants is one of the simplest ways to make your home more welcoming and give you many natural benefits. You don’t require to have a large space or a garden to relish a dose of nature. Even in a small apartment, you can add in elements of nature to make it a pleasant accommodation and be an indoor plant fanatic. Haritha Homes is keen observer of nature, providing premium eco-friendly villas in Thrissur and we respect our environment and give due care to them.
With a little space inside your home you can have these plants to make your home alive.
- Areca Palm –
This leafy plant which was once an endangered species can be grown anywhere in the house in indirect sunlight. We have to only make sure that it is not exposed to direct sunlight but should be provided with a bright light or otherwise the leafs will turn yellow. The plant can grow up to a height of 30 feet outdoors but it is restricted to about 7 feet at indoor places. Clustered in small container and the crowded roots will help in minimising the size of the plant. The plant is useful in filtering air from xylene and toluene. It also acts as an effective humidifier. We should keep the soil moist with enough watering and during winter allow it to dry a little between waterings. Areca palms are substantial feeders that can generate yellowing leaves in the absence of magnesium, iron and other elements which are essential for their growth. However, they are also capable of admitting fertilizer salts and rejects fluoridated water, which puts many plants at risk.
- Aloe Vera –
This very useful plant with antioxidant and antibacterial properties clears formaldehyde and benzene, which are byproducts of toxins. Also, it is a well known fact that aloe vera can be used to achieve a great complexion along with improving skin and preventing ageing. The best place to keep this plant is a sunny window. It can live for many years if properly maintained. Most of us are already well familiar with the medicinal and healing advantages of aloe vera plants. Nowadays we can find aloe vera gel in everything from skin and hair care products, to energy drinks, food supplements, and other food items. The main advantage of keeping it inside our home is, it has the capacity to purify the air inside our home.
- Indian Basil –
Popularly known as Tulsi, growing this plant does not have any worrying element. It is used to thrive even after little to no preservation, this plant has a numerous medicinal properties. In addition, this sacred plant aids in purifying the air and improves air quality. It can be planted in a small pot and can be grown indoors year round regardless of the prevailing climate. It needs regular sunlight, so the best place to keep this plant would be a sunny window. All you need to do is water it on a regular basis but be sure not to over-water. It has a good fragrance and it is considered to be a medicinal plant which can be used for many diseases. Planting it in home will makes you able to have home remedies for specific diseases.
- Weeping Fig –
This leafy plant can be made as a beautiful corner plant or a large indoor “tree” for an entryway in flats and apartments. It gives protection against serious emissions from home decors such as curtains, carpets and furniture. The weeping fig takes time to grow initially, but once it is in finished form, it can then start to grow up to 10 feet. One important thing you should make sure is to not move this plant around too much frequently. This will makes its leaves shed easily. Try to keep it in a bright, indirect light and let it placed there. Also, make sure that it is kept away from direct cold or hot air from doorways as this also causes leaves to shed. Your growing tree will be enjoying having old leaves detached and being trimmed to the size that suits it’s indoor living space, normally if it is healthy and growing well where it now placed. Trimming is best done after summer or before the coming spring.
- Spider plant –
The spider plant is considered to be one of the most adaptable of houseplants since they are easy to grow. The plant got this specific name because of its uniquely-shaped leaves, which looks like spiders on an insect web. This plant can grow in any range of weather conditions and do suffer from few problems, rather than brown tips. Available in green or different varieties of colour, these spiderettes often begins to sprout small white flowers. Taking care for spider plants is very easy. These tough plant can tolerate lots of problems, making them best candidate for budding gardeners and also for flourished experts in gardening. They will surely flourish if provide them with well-drained soil and bright, indirect light.
Avoid these mistakes with indoor plants
- Overwatering – The main reason for non survival of indoor plants is overwatering. All plants need not to be watered in the same way. This is because the ability in storing water is different from species to species. So we should take due care on watering the plants. It is important to know the enough frequency in watering.
- Too much direct sunlight – Light is an essential element for the growth of plants. But like the watering needs, the plants also have different needs in getting sunlight. Some plants are prone to direct sunlight but may need bright light. So it should be placed in a spot which is brighter with indirect sunlight.
- Too much maintenance – Some tough species will be happy if you don’t care them. Ignorance is somehow bliss for them. These kind of plants can be easily maintained with less care. Sometimes too much care may make them die. If you are lazy enough and don’t have time to keep plants, then these will be your right choice. It includes plants like cacti and succulents
- Green Thumb myth – Every gardners are not born with gardening skills. It is a skill which we should develop overtime. There are many ways to learn about planting. Then acquired knowledge can be used and experiences makes one perfect in planting.
- Frequent movements – While a plant is adopting a new environment should have some stability. Frequent movements may leads to damaging them. Even slight variations in the temperature and humidity have a great role in the growth of the plant.
Now you have dealt with enough knowledge in having indoor plants. So add these natural elements to your home like Thrissur Builders to make it more colourful and transform your home space into a land of purity. Here are some decorative ideas by developers in Trichur with indoor plants. Make use of vertical shelves to stack them up in a corner. It can helps you in saving the floor space. Decorating the hallways with plants can give a warm welcoming effect to your eco friendly flats. Makeover can also be made in kitchen by placings small pots on the window shelf.