Furniture has a big role in conveying the interior theme of your home. Their selection and placement inside the room require a lot of attention and care. We have been making beautiful villas in kerala for the past decade. In this article, we will share our insights on living room furniture for the modern homes. With a proper layout and a bit of design ingenuity, you can create the wow factor easily with furniture. Let us look at the brand new living room ideas of 2018.
Concept of modern living room
The Living room is one of the most important areas that require special care and attention while designing the interior of the house. Consider the living room as a social hub; it is usually designed in a fashion to accommodate all the persons living in a house. Some living rooms extend their functionality by providing a place for social gatherings such as small parties and get together. Living rooms should express the persona of the house. Some homeowners like to make things sophisticated, others follow a much more minimalistic approach. The furniture you select should stay on theme and improve the ambience of the room. Our expert interior designers have been successful in creating world-class interiors on our new villa project in Kerala. Below are some of the useful tips they shared with us.
Tips for arranging the living Furniture
Spacing is the most important thing you have to consider while arranging the room. Always allow ample space between furniture and their placement should not obstruct the movement inside the room. Seating is also another important factor to consider while designing the living room. Living furniture should accommodate the entire family and spare a few if possible for the guests.
Living rooms should reflect a cheerful atmosphere, allow plenty of natural light to enter the room and artificial lighting is also an important aspect. Use decorative lamps and LED lights to boost the cheerful ambience. Arrange the furniture in a way that it facilitates conversation; arrange furniture like sofa and chairs face to face, so people can talk face to face. Allow proper ventilation, no furniture should block the windows or air-condition unit. Air follow should not be obstructed; it will reduce the energy cost. Another important thing you have to bear in mind is to arrange the furniture around a centre point; it could be a television set, fireplace or a window with beautiful view of the outside. We predominantly make villas in Kerala but, sometimes when a client requests we also do the interior works on our projects. Below is the list of Furniture that we think is a must have for every living room.
List of living furniture to include
- A couch or a sofa is a must, they can accommodate the entire family.
- Tea or coffee table is something that you don’t see that often in modern living rooms but they are a must-have piece of furniture.
- Television cabinet for living rooms that have a television set.
- Rugs and curtains use light colours for the curtains, dark shade rugs will complement the light coloured curtains.
- The list should include furniture that reflects your personality, such as a bookshelf, record shelf, guitar stand or an aquarium.
- Colour changing bulbs are currently in trend. They can produce cool or warm light according to need.
What not to include in your modern living room.
- Avoid using artificial flowers inside the living room. They get easy ignored by most homeowners and they collect dust over time.
- Don’t go overboard with colours and textures on living room walls. Keep it simple and elegant.
- Never buy oversized furniture, buy furniture that stays in proportion to the room size.
- It is better not to display any oversized artworks. There is a chance that they will shadow all the other elements in the room.
Living room decor needs a lot of attention to detail. Every piece of furniture you buy should extend the utility and comfort of your spacious flats /villas. Always keep the room clean and clutter free. Furniture is a long-term investment for your new home so choose wisely and take your time. Follow the above-given tips and stick to your own individual style to have the perfect living room.